Sunday, October 28, 2012

Candy Corn Cupcakes


These festive cupcake wrappers have been waiting a year for this.  I received them for my October birthday last year, and once Halloween passed, I had no further opportunity to use them...until now!

I had been baking pumpkin-based treats all Halloweek, my favorite of which are pumpkin scones, so I was ready for a different flavor in these cupcakes.  I googled "cute Halloween cupcakes" and came across this beautiful blog post.  The recipe is very simple, consisting of kitchen staples, and was easy to complete within a couple hours on a Sunday afternoon.  The only change I made was to use a #21 Wilton decorating tip rather than a 1M.  I rarely use American buttercream frosting (as the recipe calls for) because it is so sweet, but I have to admit it was convenient to be able to leave these cupcakes at room temperature until they went to work with me the next morning.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment